Black Doberman is the most common color available amongst Dobermans. They can either be all-black or have some rust or tan markings all over their body.
Black Doberman with Tan/Rust Markings
- A black coloured Doberman with rust or tan markings is the most commonly available Doberman.
- The Doberman species is typically identified as a black dog with few rust or tan markings.
- Typically, a black Doberman has a shiny black coat with rust or tan coloured marking over his face, ears, legs and chest.
- A healthy coat is glossy and sleek and the back and rust colour have a deep contract.
A Back and Rust or Tan Doberman occurs when at least on dominant alleles (B) is present. The following variations are possible BBDD, BBDd, BbDD or BbDd.
All Black Doberman
- An all-Black or melanistic Doberman is a rarity.
- They are also not the standard accepted form and are often discouraged to be breed.
- The all Black Doberman’s are either not pure breeds or are a result of inbreeding resulting in health and temperament issues.
See Also: Are All-Black Dobermans Rare?