These dogs are rarely available. They are in demand because they are a rarity.
The color of these species is a bluish grey color and they are often also called Grey Doberman.
- The blue Dobermann has the color gene with at least one dominant allele and the dilution gene with both recessive alleles (i.e., BBdd or Bbdd).
- All Blue Doberman’s are colour dilution of the colour Black.
- They are not as strong as the dominant Black Doberman. In fact, all Blue Doberman may face the health risk of Color Dilution Alopecia.
- However, a Blue and Rust Doberman is a highly sought after dog because they are very rare and unique in appearance.
- Also, they are an accepted species and if breed by responsible breeders do not have any health or temperament issues also.
Pure Blue Doberman
A solid Blue color is very very rare and also discouraged due to severe health and temperament issues.
Owing a Blue Dobermans will surely be a matter of pride for anybody. You can have a loyal companion and that too in this lovely shade of blue.