Doberman are active, working dogs and are content and less stressed if they are regularly taken for their daily walk.
But when you are taking your Doberman first and foremost you need a good collar and leash especially if you live in the city.
Here is a list of the 5 best collars for your Doberman in order of ranking.
1. Miles Tactical Cobra Dog Collar
Price: $51.95 to $52.95
- It fits neck size of 18”-23” and is suitable for big and active dogs.
- The Cobra buckle is stronger than regular buckles and can withstand sudden powerful jerks, that a strong dog like Doberman could give.
- This buckle can withstand 4,000 lbs of force. It is the strongest and safest Load Bearing buckle.
- It is suggested that you opt for the collar with Control handle, which has been sewn into the Heavy Duty 1.75” wide coyote webbing. This Control handle lets you have an extra handle on your super-active dog.
- It has strong tactical ring for the Leash and has an extra ring for name tags.
- There is also room for ID patches around the collar.
- It comes with 1-year Manufacturer Replacement Warranty.
- It comes in three sizes and they are Large (without Handle), Large with Handle and X-Large with Handle.
- It comes in three colours i.e. Black, Coyote Grey and Wolf Tan.
- Cobra Buckle is the safest and strongest buckle and thus gives you the best protection against any unforeseen circumstances.
- It also comes with a Control Handle, which really helps in aggravated situations.
- It doesn’t come in rainbow colors and the colors that it does come in are bland.
- It is costlier than normal collars and the special dog collars.
- It doesn’t have a soft padding on the inner side.
- It doesn’t have a reflective lining.
- The Large variant (without Handle) comes for $51.95.
- The Large and Xtra-Large variants with Handle come for $52.95.
Average Customer rating:
- It has been rated 4.9/5 and has 117 customer ratings.
2. Black Rhino – The Comfortable Collar
Price: $17.95 to $20.95
- It is available in 4 sizes i.e. Small (11-15”), Medium (14-18”), Large (18-23”) and Extra Large (23-27”).
- You just need to tape measure the area, where you want to put the collar and always ensure enough breathing space for the dog. Doberman would do good in a Large size.
- It is available in five colours i.e. Aqua-Grey, Blue-Grey, Pink-Black, Red-Black and Black.
- Neoprene padding on the inside of the collar is soft, irritation free, odour less and dries off easily.
- Even though this collar is Lightweight, it can still withstand pulls and pushes by the most powerful dogs out there.
- It comes with Reflective stitching, so that whatever time of the day and night; you are your dog are safe and visible.
- It comes in five colours and looks tachy, which suits and meets the eyes of new age dog owners.
- It has Neoprene padding on the inside, which make it softer and more comfortable for the dog to wear.
- It doesn’t come with a Control Handle, for those sticky situations that your Doberman might get you into.
- It has normal buckle, which might break apart, when pulled by a very strong Dog o.
- Small sized variant comes for $17.95.
- Medium sized variant comes for $18.95.
- Large sized variant comes for $19.95.
- X-Large sized variant comes for $20.95.
Average Customer Rating:
- It has been rated 4.7/5 by 1,962 customers.
3. Yunlep Adjustable Tactical Dog Collar
- It is made-up of high quality 1000 D Nylon, which provides it great strength and yet it’s lightweight.
- It has heavy duty metal buckle, so that it can withstand your powerful dog.
- This collar comes with a soft padding inside, which make it comfortable for your dog to wear.
- It also comes with a D shaped Control Handle, so that you can have that extra handle on your Doberman, when things try to get out of hand.
- It has a D ring attachment, for easy alignment and removal of the leash.
- Magic Sticker on the back of the Collar, allows you to display the ID patch, any other information and other Velcro accessories.
- The collar is 1.5” wide, so it is just the right fit for a dog collar.
- It comes in three sizes i.e. Medium (14 to 18.5)”, Large (18 to 21.5)” and XL (21 to 24.5)”. Dobermans may need Large or XL, depending upon their build and muscle mass.
- It comes in four colours i.e. Black, Camo, Coyote Brown and Ranger Green.
- It comes with control handle, which is very important with these powerful dogs.
- It has soft padding on the inside for the comfort of the dog.
- It also comes with Magic Sticker, for ID patch and other information.
- Buckle comes in D shape for easy attachment and removal of leash.
- Buckle is not that strong.
- It doesn’t come in bright colours.
- It doesn’t come with a reflective layer or lining.
- All the sizes are available at a price of $22.99.
Average Customer Rating:
- It has been rated 4.7/5 by 546 customers.
4. HIPIPET Highly Reflective Dog Collar
Price: $12.99 to $13.99
- It comes in two sizes i.e. Medium and Large (recommended for Doberman).
- It comes in three colours i.e. Red, Orange and Blue.
- Silky nylon webbing on the outside and neoprene padding on the inside keeps your dog in a comfortable mood and prevents any injuries.
- Medium variant is 0.78” in width and 10.62” to 15.74” in length.
- Large variant is 0.98” in width and 14.17” to 21.65” in length.
- Reflective material lining keeps the collar visible in low light and nigh- time, so that you can go on a stroll with your dog anytime.
- Stainless steel buckle and D ring are stronger than plastic buckles.
- Important Note-> Leave 2 finger gap while measuring for the size of the collar required.
- It has reflective lining.
- It has neoprene layer in the inner side of the collar.
- It is available in bright colors.
- It has shorter width and can strain the neck of a big dog.
- It doesn’t have a Control Handle, for some sticky situations.
- It has no extra space or ring for name tag.
- Medium variant comes for $12.99.
- Large variant comes for $13.99.
Average Customer Rating:
- It has been rated 4.4/5 by 64 customer.
5. Tuff Pupper heavy duty Dog Collar
Price: $11.96 to $14.96
- It is a heavy-duty collar made up of 3mm thick rip and fray proof ballistic nylon and stainless-steel buckle.
- It comes with a Bungee Control Handle, which provides safer control and comfortable hold.
- Neoprene and mesh padding in the inner layer provide soft and breathable environment for the dog.
- It has 3M reflective layer stitched on top layer, which provides superb visibility of your dog in low light and night times.
- It comes in three sizes i.e. Small (10.5 – 14.5)”, Medium/Large (13.5 – 18.5)” and Extra Large (18.5 – 22.5)”. Extra large size is suitable for Doberman.
- It is available in 6 colours i.e. Epic Black, March Red, Midnight Blue, Forrest Green, Hot Pink and Steel Grey.
- 3M reflective layer, which is super reflective.
- Bungee Control Handle is safer and easier to use than Tactical Control Handle.
- Neoprene and Mesh padding makes it, soft and breathable collar for the dog.
- Buckle isn’t as strong as Cobra Buckle.
- Bungee Control Handle might become an uneasy exercise for the dog.
- Small variant costs $11.96.
- Medium/Large variant costs $13.96.
- Extra Large variant costs $14.96.
Average Customer Rating:
- It has been rated 4.3/5 by 709 customers.
The following Leash works well with Doberman.
6. BAAPET 5ft strong Leash
- It is made of rock-climbing rope.
- It comes with padded handles and has reflective lining (for night walks).
- It comes in 7 colors and is 5 feet in length.
Keep in Mind
- First thing is the Collar or Harness that will wrap around your dog and will be the base where you will be connecting the leash. Depending upon, what you like to accessorize your Dog with; you choose between a Collar and a Harness. (Just make sure, that the Collar isn’t tight on their neck.)
- Second thing is the leash that you will connect to that Collar/Harness base. When leashing a Doberman, you need to take care of the strength of your dog and the leash. It would be waste of money and effort, if the leash breaks off at the time it’s most needed.
- Last but not the least, always take care of the breathing space in all the collars, because they are placed directly on the neck of the dog.
That’s all on Collars folks.