Well, looks like you have finally decided to choose Doberman as your “Man’s best friend”. Believe its not an easy job, it will be a big dent in your wallet.
No other dog walks around with this aristocratic aura and the breeder knows it too.
Factors which influence the Doberman price
You can get a Doberman puppy for 500 – 3500 $, depending upon:
- How reputable the breeder is?
- Whether it’s an American Doberman, which ranges between 1500 – 2500 $
- Or, a European Doberman, which starts from 3000 $
- Whether it’s a show dog or normal dog
- Whether the dog belongs from a Royal or Show-winner bloodline
- How much certification the pup has. If certified directly by AKC (American Kennel Club) or EKC (European Kennel Club), then high cost. If only parents certified, then a little less cost and if no certification, then at a low cost.
- Ear cropped or not
- Disease testing done or not
- Tail Docking and Dew Claw removal (usually its automatically done, but you can ask for not doing it)
- First round of Vaccination done or not.
Types of Breeders
It’s important to know your breeder and the type he/she belongs to. There are basically three and they are:
- Solely focused on producing the puppies as product and their delivery.
- Pups procured from here might have some disease, have suffered inhumane conditions and might have undergone inbreeding.
- Average pricing @ 300 $ to 600 $
- These people are not experienced breeders. They might be first timers or results of an unplanned pregnancy.
- Although, these people provide humane conditions; but don’t follow the procedure and prescribed standards.
- Average pricing @ 500 $ to 1000 $
- These people are the pros. They have all the experience. They participate in the dog shows.
- There is usually a waiting period and a buyer list, that they work for.
- These guys will make sure you’re well prepared physically, monetarily and mentally to own a Doberman.
- Doberman pup from them comes with first round of vaccines and proper certification.
- Average pricing @ 1500 $ to 2500 $ (for a European, its 3000 to 3500 $)
Tabular representation of Doberman prices (Colour-wise)
|Colour||American Doberman||European Doberman||Price|
|Black||Yes, 1500 – 2500 $||Yes, 3000 – 4000 $||1500 – 4000 $|
|Red||Yes, 1500 – 2500 $||Yes, 3000 – 4000 $||1500 – 4000 $|
|Blue||Yes||No||1500 – 2500 $|
|Fawn||Yes||No||1500 – 2500 $, but breeder might try to charge more because of the colour|
|All Black||No||No||1500 – 2500 $, but the breeder might try to charge more due to rarity|
|White (partial Albino)||No||No||1500 – 2500 $, but the breeder might try to charge more due to rarity|
|Albino||No||No||Exist only in theory|
Points to Remember
- King’s or Warlock variant of Doberman is not real, if offered by a breeder please don’t buy. They can charge as high as 4000 $ for a rip-off made from breeding of Doberman and Great Dane.
- Once you buy a Doberman pup the starter pack for all things Doberman comes to a total of 640 $, which includes quality puppy food, treats, toys, dog crate, bed, etc.
Most important thing, if you just want a Doberman adopt a rescue. Best thing ever.