This mixed breed is commonly known by the name ‘Rotterman’.
9 to 12 years.
Doberman Rottweiler mix
A cross between purebred Rottweiler and Doberman pinscher.
Diet of Rotterman
- For nourishment of body, and for supply of proper energy, a canine appropriate diet is required by Rotterman dogs.
- To fed this breed choose a better brand that must be using highest quality ingredients only.
- Also you must consult to your veterinarian on questions like how much and what you should serve your pet.
- But as in general you can feed your pet 3 to 4 cups of dry food in a split meal of two times.
- But if you want your pet to get a high quality canned food then please reduce the amount of dry food, so that you can avoid overeating of your dog and gaining unwanted weight as well.
- A firm but positive training is required for your Rotterman to exhibit independent nature that can make him dominant in nature.
- If the owner is already experienced with pets then that will be easier for him else he has to ask for a favour from professional trainers.
- Since Rotterman is a very active and guard dog, so he can be trained for work or military purposes as well.
- For that too you have to be very careful as they are dominant by nature so you will have to establish a proper relation with him and be a good leader.
A weight of 70 to 130 pounds is supposed to be in a large sized or giant Rotterman dog.
- These dogs are powerful and have large body, still they are not aggressive and are considered as smart one.
- They prefer to be the center of attention in any house program, and even they like to play and cuddle at those moments.
- A very gentle breed is this.
- But it comes to protect themselves and their family (owner), they can become very harsh.
- The way of assessing a new situation or a stranger is very calm of these dogs.
- Overall, we can say that Rotterman are lovely, friendly, intelligent, loyal, calm and smart companion.
- They get attached to their family so much that they can even chase you throughout the house just be near you.
- As they love to be with family thus they should not be left alone at home for a longer period of time, otherwise it can affect him mentally.
- Mixed breeds are always less prone to disease than parent dogs.
- But few diseases that can be found in Doberman Rottweiler mix may include-
- Bone cancer
- Heart issues
- Von Willebrand’s disease
- Wobbler syndrome
- Eye issues
- Joint dysplasia
- Color Mutant Alopecia
But long term health can not be predicted at all.